webform test

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog role model. Blogmodel?

In my Digital Civilization class we were asked to review an offer suggestions of another classmates blog. I reviewed hsmaggie's blog here. We reviewed our findings in class and discussed blogging best practices. One of the major suggestions was to have a standard theme to your blog. If a blog becomes too diverse it tries to become everything to everyone and losses quality content. If you have a lot to say it is best to have multiple blogs.

This lead me to look for a blog role model. I mentioned connecting with this blogger early in the semester. He never mentions his name on his blog so I assume he doesn't want people to know it so I won't share it here. His blog is great because it is all about his experiences with investment banking. His successes and failures. Lessons he has learned and advice he would like to pass on. It has been a great resource for me in learning about investment banking and now, how to blog correctly. His blog has a consistent theme and is always full of relevant, useful content. He is my role model of how to make a great blog. I want to start a similar blog but instead of investment banking I would write about Venture Capital. The link is here.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. overs!! Which which of your blogs talked about the investment banking blog? I'm not sure what I'm looking for - I would like to learn, too!

    Also, I am looking forward to reading your Venture Capital blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of having a central theme. It does give order and purpose to what your saying. The other day I found a blog where all the posts were related to disability and accessability issues. It made the posts all relevant.

    ReplyDelete